Pretty Paper Flowers

Monday, October 31, 2011
I know it's Halloween, but once Halloween is over I start thinking about Christmas.  Today I'm sharing a few fun embellishments to make your presents look pretty.


They were fun and pretty easy to make.  I'll show you how I did all three.

The first one made by cutting out four wavy circles.  After cutting them I tried to curl the edges in a little and I used an ink pad to antique the edges of each layer.  I used Aleene's Tacky Dot singles to hold the layers together and to attach it to the present.  I love glue dots for paper crafting.  They are easy and clean.


I think it makes a really pretty gift topper.  I made some flowers like this to put on top of a jar when I made my neighbors honey butter last Christmas.


The second flower was done just like the felt flower I made HERE.  I cut a long strip of paper with pinking shears.  Then I cut slits down the entire strip and rolled it.  I cut a small square of Aleene's tacky double stick sheets for this one and planted the flower on it.  Both sides are sticky, so it essentially makes your flower a sticker to use when you want to.


I added a few leaves and trimmed off the sticker part I didn't need.


For the last flower I took a scalloped paper punch and cut out two of the circles.  I antiqued the edges of both and cut slits in the top one, curling the edges inwards a bit.  Then I made a smaller circle to go on top of it.  I used the tacky dots on this one as well.


It could even be a to and from tag.


And now it's time to start the Christmas shopping!