Meet a Let's Create LIVE! Design Challenger: Jen Hadfield

Friday, April 15, 2011
Design Challenger Jen Hadfield

We are super excited to have superstar blogger and designer Jen Hadfield join us for our Let's Create LIVE! event as a design challenger! We sent Jen and 5 other designers a bag full of fun iLoveToCreate products (learn all about our Designer Challenge here) to create a custom project with for the Let's Create LIVE! party!

Jen is the fabulous founder and blogger for TaterTots and Jello TaterTots and Jello features lots of fun projects (everything from recipes to fashion to home décor), as well as great giveaways and guest features from a host of other wonderful bloggers! Jen professes that she "loves making something beautiful out of nothing"! Her work has appeared on Apartment Therapy, OhDeeDoh, One Pretty Thing, and Babble's Top 50 Mom Craft Blogs! Here's just a few of her wonderful projects!

Jen Hadfield mosaic

One of the hottest spots on Jen's site is her weekly link up part called "Weekend Wrapup Party". She gives other bloggers from all styles and skill levels the chance to post their blog project to her page. Over 800 bloggers post each week to the party! It's a great way to find inspiration in one spot!

We sat down with Jen and asked her to share a little bit more about herself and her site! Here's what she had to say!

1. How did your blog get your start...was it a hit right off or did it take a while to get established? My blog started off as a personal blog so it took me about a year to decide that I wanted to change my focus and primarily do crafts/decorating projects.

2. What are some of your other favorite blogs and sites where you draw your inspiration from? There are SO many!! I love to check out Ucreate and One Pretty Thing for round ups of great projects, also Apartment Therapy and Ohdedoh are really fun for design and project inspiration.

3. Do you have an all-time favorite project that you’ve created? I think my current projects are always my favorite until I make something new. Some things I am loving right now are making Chevron projects -- Chevron Pennant Tutorial, Chevron Rug, Chevron Subway Art.

4. Being a busy mom and all, do you have any tips for streamlining your blog and social media efforts? I am working really hard on balancing my blog and family life this year. One thing I do with social media is I have connected my TTJ facebook page and twitter so I can post one thing and it hits two social media outlets. Another idea is using Hootsuite to schedule facebook and twitter updates.

5. OK, I’ll admit it, this is really 2 questions! First off, when was the last time you ate tater tots and have you ever made one of those classic jello molds and served it at a party? My husband travels a lot and my kids actually do enjoy tatertots, so I will make them every once in a while. And I do like jello. I was actually joking with a friend of mine this weekend that I was going to make layered jello and serve it at her wedding - LOL!


Here's a recent appearance of Jen on CreaTV using our Tulip® Soft® Fabric Paints to make an pretty bird-inspired lamp!

In addition to TaterTots and Jello, Jen is a blogger for Crafterminds, a craft blogging education site, and one of the inspiring voices behind the CSI project, a weekly themed craft challenge link party! Jen is one busy lady!

Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!