MAYA IN THE MOMENT: Holiday Press-On Nails!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012
 
I've been wanting to try all kinds of nail art but the problem is that I can't grow my nails long! I was looking on Pinterest the other day and saw that a lot of people are buying the press-on nails and decorating them. You can buy a set of 100 nails for under $6 at the grocery store, that is right in my price range!

What I like best about this method is that you can decorate the nails on a table instead of on your fingers, which gives you more control. And you can pop them on and off as you like. Think of them as jewelry that you can make and switch in and out as you wish.

You'll need blank nails, nail glue, plus nail polish. Then get some Puffy Paint, Tulip Tweezers and Tulip Glam It Up Crystals.

Here is something I didn't think of - I bought the loose nails as opposed to the ones connected to a strip of plastic. No prob, I just used a strip of Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Peel and Stick Tape™
to hold down the nails as I painted them. Choose the nails by trying them on your finger to get the right size, trim with scissors if needed.
Paint the base coat with nail polish, then clear polish and let dry. Add a tiny dot of Puffy Paint, then use the tweezers to pick up a crystal and drop in the center of the paint. Do this for all the nails and let dry.
When they're dry, simply pop them off, add the nail glue and press on your fingertips. I decorated two sets and mixed and matched them. It's addicting! And you can do a set to give as a gift for Christmas.
I love my nails! I'm excited to make more!

Thanks for checking out my project! Come visit me on my Facebook page! http://facebook.com/mayainthemoment

And here is a Christmas song for you too. :-)