Recycled Seashell Votive Jars

Monday, June 25, 2012

ILOVETOCREATE Recycled Seashell Votive Jar Holders
Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose! Whatever you call it, I do it! I have a really hard time throwing away anything, especially glass jars and bottles. They serve so many different purposes from organizing your buttons, to holding cotton swabs to collecting pennies. For this months ILOVETOCREATE project I thought I would share my enduring love for Recycling and Aleene’s Adhesives, specifically Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue. People are always asking me, “Why didn’t you just use a glue gun”? and I tell them NO WAY! Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue ROCKS and it doesn’t burn you! I have been using this product for 20 plus years and I have no plans on stopping now. You know my motto “If its not moving, then its fair craft game”, LOL! So start collecting those glass bottles and jars, pick yourself up a bottle or two of Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky and get ready to practice the 3 “R”‘s of reducing your carbon imprint.
ILTCJuliannaLogo
 ILOVETOCREATE Recycled Seashell Votive Holders are perfect for your backyard table, pond or as home decor accents
Recycling is great! For this project I chose to use my recycled minced garlic jars. Just between you and I, I eat a lot of GARLIC!
You will need Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue, Seashells, 3 glass jars, 3 votive candles, sand and a craft stick
Step out
Apply a generous amount of Super Thick Tacky Glue to jar and randomly place seashells, working in one third sections allowing seashells to firmly secure to glass. Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue will try clear.

 Angel