rusty relief painting

Tuesday, June 19, 2012
IMG_5310
As many of you know I love 3-D and I keep coming up with new ways to use it- I am on a mission to use it in all kinds of different ways! This time around I used 3-D paint to create rusty relief paintings on canvas.


Picture 2
I used my stash of Scribbles 3-D Paint Pens.


Untitled-1
And I doodled (of course) in white all over the surface of a canvas that I painted in a rust color (I was inspired by rusty metal for this project).


IMG_5293
I filled the entire surface with my designs.


IMG_5297
Once the 3-D paint was dry I painted over the top of my designs


IMG_5299
and then wiped the paint away- just enough to pull the pigment from the top of the dried 3-D paint.


IMG_5318
The result is a relief painting that has wonderful dimension and texture on the surface and because of the color, has the feeling of rusty metal.


IMG_5316
IMG_5323IMG_5328
5279578786_fd00da7ede_o





Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on!