Helping Hands Gardening Gloves for Father's Day

Friday, June 8, 2012

What do you get the dad that does not fish, wear a tie or golf for Father's Day? It seems like most traditional gifts and cards for dad's come with this basic theme. Well the first thing to consider is what is it that your dad does. My husband likes to make ice cream, listen to vinyl records, drink beer and garden. Garden - ya that's the ticket! This year the kids and I are whipping up dad a pair of custom gardening gloves.

SUPPLIES

Gardening Gloves

Tulip Soft Fabric Paint

Kids

Paint Brush

I scored a pair of suede gardening gloves in the outdoor section of Target. My husband's current work gloves have duct tape patching holes so I'm thinking these will be a welcome surprise.

He would be happy as a clam with a new pair of gloves, but I thought I would get Tallulah and Baxter to help adorn them. They are always trying to help daddy, especially in the garden. It seemed only fitting I put their little handprints on the gloves.

The first thing I did was paint my kid's hands with non-toxic fabric paint. Baxter was not quite sure what to make of that. Also, you want to be sure and do the prints of your oldest child first so that the larger handprint is on the bottom.

The next part is a little tricky since you only get one shot. Get your child to spread their fingers apart and smash their paws onto the gloves. This is easier said than done with small children. Tallulah's prints came out better than Baxters, but Chris will get the idea.

All that is left to do is wrap these babies up and hope that Chris does not read my blog before Father's Day.

Looking for some other Father's Day gifts you can craft with your kids? Check out the article I wrote for Learn Vest!

Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on!