Homemade Valentine Cards

Tuesday, February 5, 2013
While it's texting and emailing is nice and convenient, there is still something fun about handwritten "real" letters and cards.  I think its just means more.  Here are a couple of easy, fun valentine cards you can make.

Fot this first one I printed off a picture of a jar and added text to it.  You could even use Word to do that.  You don't really need any fancy software.


Then I used a glitter pen I had to outline the jar in a sketchy kind of way.  I got my Tulip Beads in a Bottle to make the hearts to fill the jar.


The heart shape is easy to make.  It's basically like drawing a "V" as you squirt out the paint.  I love the 3D texture it gives the card.


For this second card I got out some buttons.


I used Aleene's Tacky dots to attach the buttons to the card.  


Then I wrote some words along the edges of the heart to outline it a bit.


 And that's it - two easy, fun valentine cards.  


I think both would make great framed prints for decor as well.