Paper Christmas Ornaments

Tuesday, December 6, 2011
I wanted to share a couple of paper ornament ideas today.  The beauty of paper ornaments is that they are really inexpensive, but still beautiful.  I used Aleene's Tacky Dot Roll for everything I made here.  Dry adhesives are PERFECT for these projects because they aren't messy and you don't have to wait for the glue to dry.  I also pulled out some textured paper I'd been saving to make the ornaments.


For the first ornament I cut strips of paper about one inch wide.  One strip was 3 inches long.  Two were 4 inches and two were 5 inches.  I attached the strips together at the top with two tacky dots.  This ornament was really easy and is one you could even make with kids.



You can string it up by itself...


...or add a ribbon for more drama.


After the little ornament I tried something a little more challenging.  I made a paper star for the top of our tree.  I found a great tutorial for it HERE, but I recommend using the tacky dots to make it fast and easy.  (I trimmed the ends a little differently and used it on top of the tree rather than as an ornament.)  It's the first star I've had that actually stays upright on the tree.  Yay!


And now we're ready for Christmas!


Thanks for reading.


Craft on!