iLoveToCreate Teen Crafts: Super Cute Santa Mini Canvas

Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on!

Super Cute Santa Mini Canvas Copyright  Avalon Potter

(Mom here: Ho ho ho!  It's day two of the 12 Crafts of Christmas at The Impatient Crafter blog!  Huzzah!  Miss Avalon made an adorable retrofabulous mini-canvas using a permission free Dover clip art image and some collage elements including an acrylic letter, rubber star stamp and a wooden snowflake.  It's all put together with Aleene's Tacky Glue and made sparkly with Traci Bautista's Sparkles Collage Pauge.  Love, love, love that stuff.  I made my own version with a Victorian era postcard image from my ephemera collection, a vintage bottle cap, some new vintage themed collage elements, stacked stars and a sprig of tinsel.  These are so incredibly fun to make...we got the canvases with coordinating easels at Michael's.  You could glue the canvas to the easel, add some wire and make some super cute artist ornaments!)

Super Cute Santa
Avalon Potter for iLoveToCreate
Teen Crafted, Mom Approved

Recently I was out shopping with my mom when I stumbled upon these miniature easels and canvases. I immediately knew that I had to use them for a project because they were so cute. So I bought two, one for me and one for my mom. Since Christmas is right around the corner I added Santa , a snowflake, and the rest is history. I hope you enjoy it!


Materials
Mini canvas and easel
Permission free sized image (Mine is from Dover Books Holiday Clip Art)
Acrylic letter
Wooden snowflake
Tiny star stamp
Traci Bautista's Collage Pauge
Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue
Scribbles 3D Paint Pens Primary Colors (red)

Tools
Computer with publishing software
Printer
Scissors
Foam brush

Instructions
1. Select a bold image, size to fit canvas on a computer and print.

2. Cut image out with scissors.

3. Take your decoupage medium and paint it on the back of your Santa using foam brush. Put the Santa on the canvas and apply more decoupage medium, on top and all over the canvas. Let dry.

4.While that dries paint your snowflake red. Let dry.

5.Take your letter and attach to the bottom right of your canvas. Apply glue to the back of your snowflake and attach to the top left of your canvas.


6.Use your red paint and little star stamp to stamp the top right and bottom left of your canvas.

7.Enjoy!

Victorian Mini Canvas Copyright Margot Potter 
(So many sparkles, I couldn't get a clear pic!  Go Sparkles Pauge!)