Monogrammed Blanket

Tuesday, December 20, 2011
My son has two awesome teachers at his preschool and I wanted to make them something special for Christmas.  I decided to buy a comfortable blanket for one teacher and monogram it for her.  I like semi-homemade gifts because they don't take as much time as fully handmade, but they still have a personalized feel to them.  I purchased this blanket at Target.


Then I cut a freezer paper stencil.  (If you haven't tried freezer paper stenciling you can watch my video tutorial of it HERE.)  I ironed on the stencil and painted the letter black, using my Tulip soft fabric paint.  



Since the blanket had a little texture to it I was really careful with the brushing.  I blotted more than brushing.  


I removed the stencil and decided to add a little bling with Beads in a Bottle.  I think this product is so fun.  I've used it on a clutch, on a pumpkin, and on a Viking t-shirt.  It's easy and fast, but gives you the look of sewing on a lot of beads or sequins.


I wrapped the blanket back up like it came, showing the monogram on the outside.  


I think it'll look pretty draped over her couch.


So, if you need a last minute gift idea this one is pretty quick.