Painted Mail Bag

Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Today I'm going to show you how to make some fun, polkadot mail bags.  They are a quick and easy fun project.

Background info: So about a year ago I learned something cool.  You can send mail in cute little bags with tags on them.  My mother-in-law started sending fun packages to the boys in these draw string bags and I was floored.  How did I not know about this?  It's way more fun than an envelope and you can use them again and again.  (If you're looking for some just google "cloth mailing mag" or "drawstring mailing bag."  They'd be easy to make as well.)

Who wouldn't like to get a fun package like this in the mail?


I got out my Tulip fabric paint and my sponge pouncers.  


I poured some paint onto a little plate and then I dipped and pounced.  My son even got in on it and thought it was fun.  I love how each dot looks different and not every dot is filled in perfectly.


And....I started thinking about all the things I could easily put polka dots on.  It would be fun to do little girl leggings or knit headbands or pillows in multiple color dots.


Once the bag dried I wrote "for you" with a 3D paint pen.


Now you just load it up with fun stuff and someone will be thrilled to get a present in the mail.


Happy mailing.