CRAFTY CHICA: Tulip Fabric Dye as Wood Stain!

Friday, August 10, 2012
Tulip Fabric Dyes work wonderful as wood stain!
I've been on a quest to try every new way I can think of for our Tulip One-Step Tie Dye Kits. Being a mixed media artist, I decided to try it on wood. My biggest worry was that I wouldn't be able to seal the dye without it running and reconstituting. Luckily, that wasn't the case. The wood soaked it up nicely.

Here is a video I made!

LINK

Supplies:
Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kits™
Wood canvas
Brushes, cup of water
Contact paper, craft knife, craft mat
Embellishments
Plastic cups
Aleene's® Spray Acrylic Sealer™


 Mix the dyes according to package directions and pour into plastic cups. Base coat the wood, use an ombre effect for a cooler result!

 Draw and cut your design on the contact paper, peel the backing and press on the wood. Add the other colors of dye, have fun blending them!

This is the second canvas I made, I outlined the design with paint and then added 3D dots. I also added some Collage Pauge too!