altered baby shoes

Tuesday, August 21, 2012
IMG_9024
Its official- Lucy can walk and that means its time to start wearing shoes (it been bare feet, socks and booties up until now).. The only problem is that I seem to have hard time finding funky girl shoes- so I set out to alter a couple pairs of simple shoes with the hope to begin a fun little shoe collection for Lu.

Untitled-1
I started with a pair of white shoes that had a bow. First I removed the bow and then using blue painters tape I blocked off to the surface to create a little triangle design. Next, using Tulip Soft Fabric Paint I painted the surface. Once the paint was dry I removed the tape to leave a fun geometric design.

IMG_8926
I added a few tiny red embellishments with Tulip 3-d Fashion Paint.


IMG_8932
Last I altered the bow that I had removed by cutting it into more of a geometric shape and then painted it blue. Last I sewed it back onto the shoe

IMG_8944
The result- a funky little pair of baby shoes- a little more our style!

IMG_8993IMG_8995
Untitled-1
For the second pair I once again removed the bows and then painted the entire surface of the shoes with Tulip Fashion 3-d Paint in metallic gold. While the paint was still dry, I used a crumbled up paper towel and dabbed the surface of the paint to create texture. Once the surface was dry I added tiny little metallic dots with 3-d paint.

IMG_8988
Another cute pair of funky shoes!


IMG_9040
IMG_9041
IMG_9045
Now lets see if we can keep shoes on this kid!

5279578786_fd00da7ede_o