Personalized T-shirt: "I Deliver"

Tuesday, August 14, 2012
My youngest boy starts his first day of preschool tomorrow and I remembered that when his brother had his first day I made him a special t-shirt HERE.  So, it's his turn.  I tried to think of things he's into.  He loves riding his trike around the house pretending he's a delivery truck driver.  So, here's what I came up with.


I cut the freezer paper stencil on my cutting machine (the Silhouette), but you could do it by hand with a craft knife.  (For a video tutorial of freezer paper stenciling you can go HERE.  For a tutorial on cutting freezer paper with a cutting machine you can go HERE.)

I ironed the stencil to the shirt (shiny side down).


I painted the shirt with my Tulip soft fabric paints.  If you haven't used these before you have to get your hands on some.  They are inexpensive and awesome.  They're my favorite.


Then I peeled off the stencil, waited for the shirt to dry, and found my little delivery man to try it on.


He gave it two thumbs up and he's ready to wear it on his big day.


I just love making one-of-a-kind tees for my little guys.