Outdoor Vinyl Banner

Thursday, August 2, 2012

I love bunting in all shapes and sizes. Today's I Love to Create project was inspired by a combination of two adorable banners I have seen recently. There is this cute as a button recycled book bunting by Kojo Designs. The second was a banner I saw on iCandy Handmade whipped up from a vinyl tablecloth.

SUPPLIES

Vinyl Tablecloth

Aleene's Tacky Glue

Scissors

Zippers

The first thing I did was trace triangles onto the backside of my tablecloth. Right now vinyl tablecloths are on end of summer clearance sales so you have your pick.

Cut your triangles out. I used pinking shears because I am fancy like that.

I just happen to have some funky zippers on hand, but you could use any kind of ribbon or trim for this part. Using Tacky Glue attach your triangles to the back side of your zipper. Use the teeth as a placement guide.

All that is left to do is hang your banner. I chose to adorn the shopping cart herb garden that lives on my front porch. Since your banner is vinyl it will hold up outside or inside.

The longest part about this project is waiting for your glue to dry and even that did not take that long. You can make your triangles bigger or smaller. Add a pom pom at the tip. I'm thinking of adding my street numbers to the triangles so my Vietnamese take out always gets to me.