Fingerprint Balloon Pillow

Tuesday, June 4, 2013
I long time ago I came across a cute poster with a bike that had balloons tied to it.  I thought it would make a great pillow and our pillow covers are really worn out.  Here's how it came out.


I started with a blank pillow cover which I found at Ikea.  It was a few dollars and it has a nice zipper in it which is great for washing.  I created a freezer paper stencil of a bike.  (If you've never tried freezer paper stenciling I have a how to video HERE.)  You cut the paper and then iron it onto the fabric to seal it on.  I usually use paint with these stencils, but I thought I'd go for fabric markers this time around.


With a stencil it's super easy.  Even if you color out of the lines, it won't show because the stencil is forgiving.


Peel it off and your image is perfect.  After I removed the stencil I added a few lines for balloon strings.


Then colored my finger with Tulip fabric markers and stamped it to create ballooons.


I also use the Scribbles fabric stamp pads to get a wider variety of colors.  The finger stamping is really easy.  You can't do it incorrectly.


And here's the finished pillow.


 I think it would make a cute shirt as well.