Glue-Resist Altered T-shirt

Friday, June 28, 2013
 I've been working on a tie-dye series for the second summer now and my assignment is to come up with a fun way to use dye. I don't know what was wrong with me this week, but my creativity well dried up! I happened to be texting with fellow iLTC blogger, Margot Potter of DIYDoyenne.com, and mentioned in passing about my frustration. She sent me a text of one sentence that changed the course of my attitude:
"Try a faux batik look!"
I've already used a bleach pen and had to whip something different. Then I remembered how my other crafty friend, Denise from Pearmama.com, likes to use clear glue for a faux batik look. Within seconds, my juices were bubbling and I got to work. I absolutely love how the end result worked!

It sure helps to have crafty friends!

What you need:–  Aleene's® Clear Gel Tacky Glue™– Freezer paper, iron
 –  Pre-washed T-shirt
– Tulip® One-Step Spray Dye Kit™

   See my video below to see the directions!

             


Here's Brett, our tradeshow guru rocking out the new top I made!