Super Simple Star Wars Tees

Tuesday, April 2, 2013
My boys have recently really gotten into Star Wars and they were begging to make some of their own Star Wars tees.  Here's what we came up with.  They were pretty quick and easy to make.


I googled to find an image that would work for each shirt.


For the Darth Vader tee I cut out his silhouette on freezer paper and ironed it onto the shirt.  (If you are new to freezer paper stenciling you can find a video tutorial HERE.)  I painted Vader with my Tulip soft fabric paint.


After Vader was dry it was time to give him a light saber.  The new Tulip Holographic Transfer sheets are actually what inspired these tees in the first place.  When I saw them they just screamed, "Light sabers!" to me.  All you do is cut out the sword, place it where you want it on the shirt, lay a thin piece of fabric over it and iron it for 40 seconds.  Then you're set.


We've already washed the tees a couple of times and the swords are holding strong.  They've been a hit.


For the Yoda tee I cut out his silhouette and then used the silver Tulip spray paint to spray around the edges of Yoda.


It didn't take much.  After it dried we peeled off the paper and added a green light saber.


My little man was quite pleased with his Yoda tee.



And there you have it.  Two quick, easy tees for the Star Wars love in your life.


May the force be with you.