New iLTC Blogger: Alisa Burke!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

tunic
I love tunic style tops so when I found a plain tunic inspired t-shirt at Target, I knew that it would be perfect to alter.

IMG_2233
I purchased a larger size than normal- for a little extra room- tunics can't be tight!


IMG_2232
I just read that lace is everywhere in fall 2010 fashion so I decided to use a little lace and beads to add to the shirt.


IMG_2235
I picked out a two different shades of green lace.


IMG_2236
I sewed two pieces of dark green lace together.


IMG_2237
Then I used a piece of lighter green lace and turned it into a ruffle


IMG_2238
and sewed it- down the middle- to the top of the dark green lace.

fd


cv
Next I used a a piece of silk ribbon that I folded up

IMG_2249
and sewed it to the top of the lace.


IMG_2252
I knew that I wanted to add gold beads for a little sparkle but I just didn't have the patience or time to hand sew them all on..insert Aileen's Super Fabric textile adhesive here. I love this stuff- heavy duty, dries clear and is great to use with embellishments.

gh
I added little gold beads down the surface of the ribbon.


IMG_2257
Last, I used Fabric Fusion (fabric glue) to adhere the lace and beads down the very middle of the shirt and let dry.


IMG_0269

And there you have it- a lightweight and SIMPLE tunic that can be worn by itself....

bl

or under a jacket!