Haunted Milk Carton House

Thursday, September 30, 2010


This summer I scored a large bag of Little People for my daughter at the thrift store. Included were animals, knights and Little People dressed in their Halloween costumes. Tallulah has plenty of fun playing with her Little People as is, but I thought why not kick it up a notch and start getting her in the Halloween spirit. We missed the recycling last week so I had cardboard milk cartons starting to pile up and it dawned on me what cute Haunted Houses they would make!


SUPPLIES
Cardboard Milk Carton
Scissors
Paint Brush
Crafty Chica Little Chica Paint Pack
Paint Brush
Sandpaper
Craft Knife
Aleene's Acid Free Tacky Glue
Hambly Overlay
Vintage Photographs
Scrap Booking Paper
Halloween Themed Chip Board
Trim


The first thing I needed to do was use sandpaper to get the waxy topcoat off of my milk carton so I could paint it black.


Every haunted house needs a door and a window so your Little People can go inside and play. I used a craft knife to cut out the shapes from my milk carton.


I decided to use Aleene's Tacky Glue to attach a piece of clear Hambly overlay inside my window. From here hot pink and black became my theme.


I decked out my window in sparkly pink trim for a little extra some-somethin'.


To keep up with the hot pink theme I used some Hambly rub-on's that look like doilies/spider webs on the sides of my haunted house. I used Aleene's Acid Free Tacky Glue to adhere some vintage photographs of children that were kinda creepy.


I used a scalloped edge template and scissors to cut out paper shingles for the roof of my haunted house. I used Aleene's Tacky Glue to attach alternating strips of paper.


I added a few last minute frills like chipboard around the door and a rosette with another creepy kid over the door.

Seems like a lot of work, but actually a milk carton was transformed into a creepy casa in a couple of hours and most of that was paint and glue drying time.




All that is left to do is bust out the Little People and the haunted house is ready for action!

Have some extra milk cartons lying around? Check out these other crafty up-cycled options!

Halloween Cartons by Stampin Addicts


Halloween House by Little Lovely


Haunted Milk Carton by The Little Room

Craft on!Click here for today's daily giveaway!