Halloween Goody Bags with Crayon Cucpakes

Thursday, October 14, 2010


Finding cute, not goofy, goody bags can really be the bane of a party throwing mother's existence. Trust me, I know from experience. As usual it was left to me to take crafty matters into my own hands.


SUPPLIES
Decorative Paper
Decorative Edge Scissors
Aleene's Acid Free Tacky Glue Stick
Goodie Bag Fillers - including Crafty Chica Skull Iron-On


Luckily I found some cute polka dotted bags at Hobby Lobby to work with. From here I cut ovals out in 3 different sizes with scalloped edge scissors.


Using my Aleene's Acid Free Tacky Glue Stick I layered all my pieces together. I also made a purple border that I glued a strip of Halloween paper to.


I attached my toppers to the bags using a stapler. Wanna see what's inside?


Here is all the loot for the wee little ghosts and goblins - bubbles, Crafty Chica Iron On's for their creative moms, books and crayon cupcakes. Don't know how to make crayon cupcakes? They are super easy let me show you how!


All you will need are crayons and a muffin tin. I used the same Halloween themed tin I used last year to make soap.


Peel the wrappers off of your crayons, break them into small pieces and fill your muffin tins.


I placed the tin in the oven at 250 and waited for the crayons to melt. All that was left to do was wait for them to harden and they slid right out of the tin. Much easier for toddlers to hold and color with than traditional crayons.


Now all the goody bags are waiting on my windowsills for this weekend's Pint Sized Halloween Party. I hope they are a big hit.


Craft on!Click here for today's daily giveaway!