Child-drawn Baby Blanket

Tuesday, May 7, 2013
I have one month until our new baby arrives.  I've been trying to prepare my boys for her as much as I can.  I had a plain muslin blanket in a pack I had purchased, so I thought it would be perfect to let the boys design a blanket for her.  It's meaningful for them and for me....and even for the baby once she's a little older.
It's an easy, fun project that any child would love to try out.
I got out my Tulip fabric markers for my 5-year-old son to use.
I put paper underneath the blanket to make sure it wouldn't leak through.  (It's a really thin blanket.)  Then I taped the blanket down the best that I could.  This particular fabric stretches and shifts a lot, so it's a little harder to draw on.
 He did fine with the markers, though.  He drew our family and then I helped him darken it in a little more once he was all done.
 His art always makes me happy and it's nice that fabric markers are even easy enough for a 5-year-old to use.
 He was pretty proud of his finished work.

I think it'll be our favorite blanket to wrap her in.