CINCO CHIC: Mariachi-Inspired Jeans!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner and if you're like me, (underage, although I probably wouldn't drink..I'd eat tacos), it's a great time to celebrate all things south-of-the-border. I was just in Mexico a couple weeks ago and loved watching the mariachis perform, I especially love their outlandish outfits. I came across this picture and loved the fashionable twist. I decided to make my own version!

Supplies:
Jeans, preferably black
White pompom fringe

Measure out how much trim you'll need to go down the length of your leg, don't forget you'll need a strip for both legs!

Add a line of glue down the length of the outer pant seam and place the trim in place. Use clothespins to hold it while the glue dries.

This is when I called in my dad to help! Use the Tulip 3D paint to add mariachi-style swirls around the pockets and seams! Be outlandish, it's Cinco de Mayo!