Spiked iPhone DIY using Jewelry & Metal Tabs

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ever since I got my leopard print phone case, I knew I wanted to jazz it up a little more.  So when we got a delivery of studs in the iLoveToCreate design studio, I knew they would be the perfect accent for my phone!  I also was excited to get to use the new Aleene's Jewelry and Metal Glue Tabs for a project! They are so easy to use and I was able to make this project in about ten minutes!
 What you need:
– Cell phone case
– Ruler
– Tweezers
 Next, I used a clear ruler to line up the adhesive dots and stuck them to my animal print cover in rows. You'll be able to cover the whole thing, or do like I did with four rows of eight, in the center of the phone. The 1/4" dots fit the bottom of the studs perfectly!
I used tweezers to peel off the red backing from the Aleene's Jewelry & Metal Adhesive Dots.
Then I sat the studs right on top of the dots. You have to be pretty precise, because these boogers really hold fast. and it's tough to pull them off and realign. Just be patient and take your time.
I didn't have to wait for it to dry, since the adhesive is instant! I hope you like my studly bling. It added a lot of pizazz to my phone, and makes it totally different than anybody else. Easy-peasy.
What do you think?