HOW TO: Make a Boyfriend Pillow

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hey guys! Have you ever heard of a boyfriend pillow? It looks like this:


It's a pillow with the torso and arm of a male, made to be a perfect cuddle pillow. Some people might get freaked out from this, but ever since they showed it on GLEE, I've heard all my friends talking about it, and some even buying them. They retail for 40 bucks. 40?! For a pillow?! That's insane! So, I decided to make my own, since I LOVE pillows. Also...because it looks fun! :)

GLEE VIDEO:

 Here's my take on the Boyfriend Pillow! Please watch my video and like or give it a comment! Thanks!



(NOTE: If you like music- that's me singing in the video, it's an original song I wrote just for this project!)

SUPPLIES:
-Flannel Long Sleeved Shirt
-Pinking Shears
- Clothespins
- Pillow stuffing (FiberFill)

Directions:
1. Set your flannel shirt out flat on a table. For a bigger pillow, make sure to get an XXL shirt! Button up the shirt.
2. Draw a chalk line next to the buttons, then cut all along that line.
3. Fold in the raw edges, use Aleene's Fabric Fusion Tape along the edges and fold over to seal the hem.
4. Add a thick line of Fabric Fusion along the edge and press the two sides in place and use clothespins to hold in place until the glue dries. Also glue the neck area and in between the buttons.
5. Stuff your pillow! Add a little less in the arm so you can bend it around you when you sleep!
5. Glue the bottom hem with Fabric Fusion.
Optional: Add a hand made of felt or fabric!
Now go cuddle!