DIY Tie-Dye Flower Power Necklace

Monday, May 20, 2013
I was so excited to hear that we were featuring Tulips One-Step Tie-Dye kits this month! They are so easy to use and the results are amazing! I had already used the Tie-Dye Kit to create Wearable Art so this time I wanted to make Jewelry combining my Spellbinder Dies and Beadalon findings. 
All of my Favorite goodies in one project equals one Happy Girl! 
I cut my bandana in squares by following the crease lines from the fold
Next I used some of the folding techniques from the instructions that are included in the kit. I also chose to randomly roll and add rubber bands to my squares to create a unique look. 
I placed my bottles of Tie-Dye in a rubber container to protect my area. I also made sure to put my gloves on that come in the Tulip Tie-Dye kit. Using a pair of tongs to hold the folded square I randomly added different colors of Tie-Dye. 
After applying the Tie-Dye I placed each square in a plastic bag. I let these little beauties set for about 6 hours. I then rinsed each one carefully and let them dry by natural sunlight.
They are so AWESOME! I wanted to stitch them all together for a super cool pillow topper! But wait I am making Jewelry! LOL! 
I know what you are thinking.....BUT No I did not Tie-Dye Billybob's Pee Paws! However I am keeping these for a future project. 
Using my Spellbinders Grand Calibur, I cut the Jewel Flowers out of the Tie-Dyed squares and felt for added support. I glued the pieces together using Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue
To assemble your Flower Power Necklace, lay chain down on your work surface, add a 1/8 hole punch to one set of the petals on each flower stack then secure them to the chain by adding a jump ring. 
Last minute Inspiration! I did not want to take away from the cool Tie-Dye but felt the urge to add a little "Jewel" using Tulips Glam-It-Up. For extra security I added a little Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue to the center of the flower then adhered the stone.  Enjoy Life!